Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

phoenix query server installation

I am planning to install Hbase on my cluster along with phoenix through Ambari. In the add service section (slaves and clients), i do see an option of Phoenix query server. By default it is not enabled. Should i install this component mandatorily or just a phoenix client is enough. If i need to install it mandatorily, where should i install this component ( which all nodes).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Hi @ARUNKUMAR RAMASAMY, Phoenix query server is optional and you can safely skip it for the time being. It provides access to Phonex for "thin clients" but they are yet to come (Avatica, Calcite). You can read more here. If you want to install it then it's enough to install it on one node, for example, collocated with your HBase master.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

Hi @ARUNKUMAR RAMASAMY, Phoenix query server is optional and you can safely skip it for the time being. It provides access to Phonex for "thin clients" but they are yet to come (Avatica, Calcite). You can read more here. If you want to install it then it's enough to install it on one node, for example, collocated with your HBase master.