Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

port forwarding sandbox hdf 3.0 and wifi remote port

port forwarding sandbox hdf 3.0 and wifi remote port

New Contributor

I do have installed Virtual BOX HDF 3.0 on Mac OS X.

when I install minifi in the VM the communication with the site2site remote.port (10000) works fine.

From my MacOS environment it complains:

2017-07-24 11:00:39,200 WARN [NiFi Site-to-Site Connection Pool Maintenance] o.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector Could not communicate with sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com:10000 to determine which nodes exist in the remote NiFi cluster, due to java.io.EOFException

2017-07-24 11:00:39,200 WARN [NiFi Site-to-Site Connection Pool Maintenance] o.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector org.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector@4812f1d5 Unable to refresh Remote Group's peers due to Unable to communicate with remote NiFi cluster in order to determine which nodes exist in the remote cluster

I did setup port forwarding in my VirtualBox.

I have tried different values for port and host, but all fail.

Somewhere I read that I have to set the port forwarding from VB to the Docker, but I was not able to find out how,

Which step am I missing?

Andre.

1 REPLY 1

Re: port forwarding sandbox hdf 3.0 and wifi remote port

Expert Contributor

You may find my answer to a previous question useful:

https://community.hortonworks.com/answers/114352/view.html

This details how to open a port on the docker guest so that you can access it from the VM host.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here