Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

pyspark interpreter not found

Highlighted

pyspark interpreter not found

New Contributor

In running the command from the getting started guide I keep getting a no pyspark interpreter found error message

%pyspark myLines = sc.textFile('hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com/tmp/Hortonworks') myLinesFiltered = myLines.filter( lambda x: len(x) > 0 ) count = myLinesFiltered.count() print count

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: pyspark interpreter not found

Expert Contributor

If this is in Zeppelin please see at the top of the tutorial. There it should be a snippet about interpreter binding, click the Save button and hopefully all start to work normally. If not please post the exception dump.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I also had that problem after "copy/pasting" the text "%pyspark ..." from the turorial. It did not occur after typing the text by hand. ???

Contributor

I had the same problem regarding the %hive interpreter. copy/paste the text from the tutorial must drag in some garbage characters. hand typing everything worked fine.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Basically I couldn't copy or paste anything either. Typing by hand worked though.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Works perfectly, Copy and pasting is not good idea in this case. Simply type each line.

Highlighted

Faced the same problem. Typing with hand worked like a charm !! May be copy and paste was introducing some hidden characters

Highlighted

New Contributor

In my case, I have to change my zeppelin.python property from python to python3

14002-screenshot-2017-03-23-195527.png

In my case, my python version is 3.4.2, so I have to change python interpreter's zeppelin.python property from python ==> python3.