Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

python udf impala

python udf impala

New Contributor

Hello,
I am trying to run python impyla using impala. I have installed impyla using pip install impyla. I was able to run python queries against impala. I am trying to run simple UDF( example you have provided in blog) in impala written in python. I have difficulties running UDF.
When i run the import statement in python shell, i get ImportError: No module named udf

I have installed boost using brew install boost and numba using conda install numba. I tried installing pip install udf and found nothing. I am running this on python2.7 and MAC.

Please can you help me understand what i am missing.

Thanks,
Kiran

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: python udf impala

Contributor

You should install impyla from source (https://github.com/cloudera/impyla). You will have to install numba and all the other packages mentioned in the documentation.

Dimitris

New Contributor

I tried using the latest version from github. I installed numba and boost library using brew install.

It started complaining about clang++ library. Do we need to install that seperately.

Contributor

If you install impyla from source you need to have llvm/clang installed. Otherwise, make will not work.

git clone ...

cd impyla

make ----> that requires LLVM/clang

python setup.py install

Dimitris