Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

"Host Metrics" section shows "No Data Available"

Expert Contributor

I have a HDP cluster (CentOS), that I installed using Ambari (non-sandbox). This cluster has four nodes. When I use the Ambari Dashboard to view the details, I can see various details such as "HDFS Disk usage" etc. However, when I go to the host details page, I see blank boxes, with the title "No Data Available" . This is happening for all the hosts including the master node. The "Ambari Metrics" monitor is also running fine (green). I have not been able to identify the cause of this issue. Can anyone help me fix this issue?issue.png

. I am attaching the screen shot of the dashboard that displays the details of the node.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
11 REPLIES 11

Master Mentor

Master Mentor

@Pradeep kumar I noticed that you updated the thread and accepted answer as resolved...Did it work?

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal Please see the answer I posted. I thought the proxy server was the issue, but then I saw that there was an error message for the proxy line, that I took from your URL. So I removed this line and restarted ambari servers and agents on all the nodes. After that I started seeing the details. Sorry I had accepted your answer and then unaccepted it.

Master Mentor

@Pradeep kumar Thanks for sharing the final update. It will help the users in future.

New Contributor

If I don't use the proxy settings in ambari-env.sh, the metrics show up correctly, but there are whole bunch of alerts about web UIs not being accessible.

If I use proxy settings in ambari-env.sh, then the metrics don't show up, it shows data unavailable.

Expert Contributor

I think I had jumped the gun here. I didn't notice that the command 'Dhttp.proxyHost=<yourProxyHost>-Dhttp.proxyPort=<yourProxyPort>' is not being identified by ambari server as valid command. So I deleted this line from the .env file and then restarted ambari server, restarted ambari agent on master server, and restarted ambari agent service on all the other hosts. After this I see that the host page for all the hosts have started showing the graphs!!!. I am not sure what did the trick, but it seems that after I fixed the ntpd issue, I should have tried restarting the ambari-server and ambari-agents.

Master Mentor

@Pradeep kumar I am not sure but I will accept this as answer. You may want to rollback the proxy setting and see if it works or not. In the past, proxy helped to fix the issue.

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal I will accept your answer. I have rolled back the proxy settings. I think it was the ambari-servers and amabri agent restart that worked..

Master Mentor

@Pradeep kumar Now, I need to reproduce to find the fix 🙂

I used the proxy settings to fix the issue. Glad its fixed