Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

"Load Template Kibana Server" Failing

New Contributor

When trying to load template through the METRON Rest service actions the operation fails to complete (my elastic search template has already been completed):

/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-221.txt:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py:80: RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.17) or chardet (3.0.4) doesn't match a supported version!
  RequestsDependencyWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/KIBANA/4.5.1/package/scripts/kibana_master.py", line 128, in <module>
    Kibana().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons/os_family_impl.py", line 89, in thunk
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/KIBANA/4.5.1/package/scripts/kibana_master.py", line 124, in load_template
    di.put(data=di.load(filespec=templateFile))
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/KIBANA/4.5.1/package/scripts/dashboard/dashboardindex.py", line 68, in put
    bulk(self.es,data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/helpers/__init__.py", line 190, in bulk
    for ok, item in streaming_bulk(client, actions, **kwargs):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/helpers/__init__.py", line 162, in streaming_bulk
    for result in _process_bulk_chunk(client, bulk_actions, raise_on_exception, raise_on_error, **kwargs):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/helpers/__init__.py", line 91, in _process_bulk_chunk
    raise e
elasticsearch.exceptions.ConnectionTimeout: ConnectionTimeout caused by - ReadTimeoutError(HTTPConnectionPool(host=u'127.0.0.1', port=9200): Read timed out. (read timeout=10))

stdout: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-221.txt:

2017-07-14 14:55:49,362 - Connecting to Elasticsearch on host: 127.0.0.1, port: 9200
2017-07-14 14:55:49,362 - Deleting .kibana index from Elasticsearch
2017-07-14 14:55:49,376 - Loading .kibana index from /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/KIBANA/4.5.1/package/scripts/dashboard/dashboard.p

Command failed after 1 tries

Any help will be appreciated in completing the operation

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

I have been installing Metron for the first time and encountered the same issue.

I used the following guide

Metron 0.4.0 with HDP 2.5 bare-metal install on Centos 7 with MariaDB for Metron REST

I'm using the "Single node: 4 CPUs, 16GB RAM model" (tweaked to 8 cpus and 20GB ram initially) with the intent of increasing the number of nodes once I have a working model.

I have things running nicely and getting to the point of playing with Kibana.

Unfortunately, the template won't load and the Kibana Dashboard shows the menu but nothing else.

I would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Hello i had the same issue this is due to running metron on 1 node,

elasticsearch tries to act like a cluster and write the data to multiple nodes (well we only one) and you get an error,

i fixed it by editing my /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml file

index.number_of_replicas: 0

then restart elastic search and re import from ambari 🙂