Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

"No Configuration was provided" from log4j, beeline, HDP 2.5

Highlighted

"No Configuration was provided" from log4j, beeline, HDP 2.5

Explorer

I have a Hive storage handler which uses log4j. It was working on HDP 2.3 but on HDP 2.5 when I run my storage handler queries on beeline I get the following:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: No Configuration was provided

at java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:228) at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.setConfiguration(LoggerContext.java:482) at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:566) at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:582) at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.start(LoggerContext.java:217) at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:152) at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:45) at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getContext(LogManager.java:194) at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getLogger(LogManager.java:551)

This only happens on beeline -- if I run the queries on Hive CLI they work fine.

Any insights on why would be appreciated, thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: "No Configuration was provided" from log4j, beeline, HDP 2.5

Mentor

Compare the classpath entries for missing jars or configs between beeline and Hive shell.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here