Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

"No host heartbeat; CDH versions cannot be verified."after changed ntpd of this node

"No host heartbeat; CDH versions cannot be verified."after changed ntpd of this node

New Contributor

I installed CDH4 with cloudera manager,all the services are ok,but just has a concerning msg 'clock off',so i changed ntpd of this node,and then I restarted cloudera manager and all the services.But I found all the services of this node couldn't start normally.There was a concerning on all the services of this node "No host heartbeat; CDH versions cannot be verified." Does someone know what's the reason?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: "No host heartbeat; CDH versions cannot be verified."after changed ntpd of this node

Master Collaborator

I think you should restart the Cloudera Manager agent on that node, like this:

sudo service cloudera-scm-agent restart

Re: "No host heartbeat; CDH versions cannot be verified."after changed ntpd of this node

New Contributor

Hi,Clint!Thanks for your reply.I have done that but it was not ok.I checked the agent log file,there was error like this:

[27/Jan/2014 17:01:45 +0000] 4032 MainThread agent ERROR Caught unexpected exception in main loop.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/src/cmf/agent.py", line 440, in start
timed_heartbeat_response = self.send_heartbeat(heartbeat)
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/src/cmf/agent.py", line 764, in send_heartbeat
self.log_heartbeat_exception("Heartbeating to %s:%s failed." % (self.master_host, self.master_port))
AttributeError: 'Agent' object has no attribute 'master_port'

So I checked the /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini,the master_host and master_port are right.

So i don't know why the node3 agent's heart beat can't setup?

New Contributor

I found another problem on the Hosts page of cloudera manager,the CDH version of this node was changed to 'unknown'.

Highlighted

Explorer

Check and double-check that /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini has the following line in it:

[General]

server_port=7182

The server port needs to be specified, and it needs to be listed under the General section.

If you find this is the case, double and triple check it while the agent is restarting. You might be looking at the wrong file, the service might be loading from a different directory, and automated installers might be re-writing the file out from underneath you.