Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Re: {"Unable to connect to the remote server"} while connecting to locally installed hdp on windows 2012 R2

@Ritesh jain

It looks like you are trying to deploy directly on Windows, instead of in the sandbox Virtual machine, is that correct?

Is there a reason why you didn't want to run the sandbox in Virtualbox, VMWare, or Docker?

If you want to quick get up and running, my recommendation would be to:

1. Download Virtualbox
  2. Then download the HDP 2.5 Sandbox for Virtualbox from this link.
  3. Follow this tutorial, Learning the Ropes of the Hortonoworks Sandbox

This approach will get you up and running with an hour (including all download and setup time). You will also have access to MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Zeppelin, and much more. Plus all of the services will be included and many will automatically spin up when you start the VM.

If you have a reason/need to deploy on Windows, then we can work through any of those issues, and we may need to setup some time outside of HCC chat to work through it. (if you didn't see it already, this doc may be helpful to get you up and running in Windows)

Re: {"Unable to connect to the remote server"} while connecting to locally installed hdp on windows 2012 R2

Explorer

@Dan Zaratsian

We are primarily into MS technology and that's one of the reason of having cluster on top of windows. I would really appreciate if we can get the issue resolved.

Explorer

Hi Dan,

Let me know if we need to coordinate on this towards resolving the issue.

@Ritesh jain

Yes, I will contact you outside of HCC and we'll set something up.

Also, have you been working from this documentation? https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.0-Win/bk_HDP_Install_Win/bk_HDP_Install_Win-2...

I assume you've seen this, but if not, it's a great reference to help configure the HDP services.

Explorer

I guess, I installed referring this document. Are looking suggesting me to refer to any specific component as I didn't install all. My main focus is MR job at this moment.