Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

"Unsupported action Uninstall" while uninstall SmartSense

Highlighted

"Unsupported action Uninstall" while uninstall SmartSense

New Contributor

How to fix the error "Unsupported action Uninstall" while uninstall SmartSense?

According to https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/SS1/SmartSense-1.1.0/bk_smartsense_admin/content/ch01s02s0...

when i run command below

curl -u admin:admin -i -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X POST -d '{"RequestInfo": {"context" :"Uninstall SmartSense via REST", "command":"Uninstall"}, "Requests/resource_filters":[{"hosts":"master,slave01,slave02", "service_name":"SMARTSENSE", "component_name":"HST_AGENT"}]}' http://my_ambari_host:8080/api/v1/clusters/crihadoop/requests

I got this outpute

====================================

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error X-Frame-Options: DENY X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block Set-Cookie: AMBARISESSIONID=t99fjvg6akllv6tchjezsi6q;Path=/;HttpOnly Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT User: admin Content-Type: text/plain Content-Length: 154 Server: Jetty(8.1.19.v20160209) { "status" : 500, "message" : "An internal system exception occurred: Unsupported action Uninstall for Service: SMARTSENSE and Component: HST_AGENT"

==========================================

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: "Unsupported action Uninstall" while uninstall SmartSense

Contributor
@junda chen

those instructions are for older version (1.1), btw, why do you want to uninstall it?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Junda,

This will DELETE the component:

curl -u admin:${PASSWD} -i -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X DELETE http://${AMBARI_HOST}:8080/api/v1/clusters/${CLUSTER}/hosts/${HOST}/host_components/HST_AGENT

- Mike George

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Mike,

This will delete component only on one specified host. Is there a way we can delete it on all the host using single command ?

Thanks

Naresh J 

Master Collaborator

@u9008015  It is not possible in a single command.  Using Ambari or the API you will need to stop hst_agent on all hosts, and the hst_sever on the main server, only then you can delete the SmartSense from Ambari.    If you use the API, you will need to get a list of hosts for agent, the correct host for server, then execute each stop call programatically.  Last but not last execute the delete against the main component.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here