Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ranger Admin UI password change

Super Collaborator

I changed this password but this is not the password Ranger Admin UI is using , I still can login using "admin" as password.

so where is the Ranger Admin UI password stored ?

and what password is this that I changed ?

20388-ranger-pwd-issue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sami Ahmad

For changing the Ranger Admin password, we need to change the password in 3 different locations.

1. In Ambari you need to change the password at highlighted places:

20395-rangerpassword.png

2. Login to ranger using admin/admin, click on the profile at right-top, then click on change password. Below screenshot helps you to navigate

20398-rangeruipassword.png

Note: Password should be same across all the places and it should be minimum 8 characters.

Hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This config is used by Ambari (for ambari alerts for Ranger). Actual password change should be done in Ranger UI and updated password should be provided in this config for alerts to work.

Starting in HDP 2.5, kerberized clusters will not use this config and will use keytab.

@Sami Ahmad

For changing the Ranger Admin password, we need to change the password in 3 different locations.

1. In Ambari you need to change the password at highlighted places:

20395-rangerpassword.png

2. Login to ranger using admin/admin, click on the profile at right-top, then click on change password. Below screenshot helps you to navigate

20398-rangeruipassword.png

Note: Password should be same across all the places and it should be minimum 8 characters.

Hope this helps you.