Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

sandbox hdp 2.4 password issue

i am a newbie to hadoop. as part of ma academic project i installed hdp sandbox 2.4 but couldnt login to sandbox or change the password as told. please give suggestions.

thanking in advance

Roopa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Roopa Raphael Please try

username: root

password: hadoop

Once login you can change password using #passwd command

Let me know if it doesnot work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Super Guru

@Roopa Raphael Please try

username: root

password: hadoop

Once login you can change password using #passwd command

Let me know if it doesnot work.

thank u sagar. but the thing is after i login it asks for my current unix password. after i enter it it again asks for sandbox login and then when i enter uname and pwd it says incorrect login. why is this happening??? is there any other way??

Super Guru

@Roopa Raphael

once you login with root:hadoop it will ask you to change your password. so put the hadoop when asking for "Current unix password." and now it will ask you for new password -put new password (say - P@ssw0rd)

Now once done it will bring you back to Sandbox login screen. Now try with your new password.

it didnt work. any other way ???

Super Collaborator

@Roopa Raphael First login user/pass for Sandbox is :

username : root
password : hadoop

After first login sandbox will ask you to change your password. Supply new password if prompted else use command passwd to change root password

$> passwd

Additionally, default ambari credentials (admin/admin) might not work. You need to reset the ambari-server password. You can refer here: http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ReleaseNotes_3_1_2016.pdf

Hope this helps!

thanks pradeep. i'll try nd let u know

4391-screenshot-from-2016-05-20-144611.png

this is what i get. still cant change pwd or login

Super Collaborator

@Roopa Raphael Supply "hadoop" as your current password then it will prompt for New Password.

The pwd resets and some of the basics should be covered in learning the ropes:

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/