Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

sentry not starting

sentry not starting

Explorer

Hi, How do you upgrade the database schema for sentry? I know you can run the schema tool via the /bin/sentry directory but that seems to be failing when I try to run it.

Also it looks like in future iterations of CDH (5.3), sentry now has an "upgrade database schema" button within cloudera manager. This option I do not see in CDH 5.2. 

If I am unable to upgrade the database schema then I will probably remove the sentry role and re-add it. My concern though, is testing this on a VM with CDH 5.3, after removing sentry and trying to re-add it I do not see the option for embedded database anymore. Is this something that has to do with the cloudera VMs?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: sentry not starting

Hi Jy,

CM 5.2 and higher should offer the Sentry upgrade command for the Sentry service. What's your version of Cloudera Manager? (look in the upper right for Support -> About)

Thanks,
Darren
Highlighted

Re: sentry not starting

Explorer

This is what the version says under support > about: cloudera Express 5.1.1 (#82 built by jenkins on 20140725-1608 git: cb9ebb729efc7929e1968b23dc6cf776086e20a7)

Next to cluster it says (CDH 5.2.0 Parcels). Does this mean that the CDH upgrade to 5.2 did not complete fully or there is a misconfiguration?

Thanks