Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

service installation error

service installation error

New Contributor

Hi

when i adding a service from Ambari ui bellow error happening:

107074-1.png

window error:

ERROR 500 status code received on POST method for API: /api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/3.0/recommendations   Error message: Stack Advisor reported an error. Exit Code: 2. Error: ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 65, column 12 StdOut file: /var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/39/stackadvisor.out StdErr file: /var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/39/stackadvisor.err

• when i login in to ambari by any user bellow error appear.

ambari-server.log is:

2019-03-03 11:27:11,211 ERROR [ambari-metrics-retrieval-service-thread-37] AppCookieManager:122 - SPNego authentication failed, can not get h$
2019-03-03 11:27:11,211 ERROR [ambari-metrics-retrieval-service-thread-35] AppCookieManager:122 - SPNego authentication failed, can not get h$
2019-03-03 11:27:11,212 WARN [ambari-metrics-retrieval-service-thread-36] RequestTargetAuthentication:88 - NEGOTIATE authentication error: I$
2019-03-03 11:27:11,212 WARN [ambari-metrics-retrieval-service-thread-34] RequestTargetAuthentication:88 - NEGOTIATE authentication error: I$
2019-03-03 11:27:11,212 ERROR [ambari-metrics-retrieval-service-thread-36] AppCookieManager:122 - SPNego authentication failed, can not get h$
2019-03-03 11:27:11,212 ERROR [ambari-metrics-retrieval-service-thread-34] AppCookieManager:122 - SPNego authentication failed, can not get h$
2019-03-03 11:27:11,213 WARN [ambari-client-thread-870] RequestTargetAuthentication:88 - NEGOTIATE authentication error: Invalid name provid$
2019-03-03 11:27:11,213 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-870] AppCookieManager:122 - SPNego authentication failed, can not get hadoop.auth cookie $

why i can't install any service?

@Artem Ervits

6 REPLIES 6

Re: service installation error

Mentor

@abbas mohammadnejad

Can you explain exactly what service you are trying to add?

According to the errors this should be a Kerberos error. Can you share the below files?

/var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/39/stackadvisor.out
/var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/39/stackadvisor.err

Can you first restart the Kerberos daemons and restart,Is this a new error after kerberization?

# service krb5kdc start
# service kadmin start

Can you ensure that kdc database is running !!

If the above fails then share the krb5.conf,kadm5.acl,kdc.conf and /var/log/kadmind.log

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

i trying to add ranger. for adding any services this error happening.

• i don't enable kerberos ...
  • i enabling knoxsso for Ambari, Webhdfs, ....

stackadvisor.out:

2019-03-10 15:09:29,172 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,172 INFO DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Retrieved 'capacity-scheduler' received as dictionary : 'True'. configs : []
2019-03-10 15:09:29,172 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.

stackadvisor.err:

2019-03-10 15:09:29,068 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,070 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,071 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,071 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,073 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,073 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,092 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
2019-03-10 15:09:29,092 ERROR DefaultStackAdvisor getCapacitySchedulerProperties: - Couldn't retrieve 'capacity-scheduler' from services.
Highlighted

Mentor

@abbas mohammadnejad

From the screenshot, I see you have 3 unresolved errors with rangeradmin. And on the advanced tab you have 5 other errors can you drill down resolve those issues first and then retry.

Firstly can you run "service check for YARN"

Typically the rangeradmin you need to set the user and database in advance or during the setup use the below steps assuming you are on mysql or MariaDB

###########################################
# Create the ranger database and user
############################################
mysql -uroot -p{%root_password}
create database ranger;
create user 'ranger'@'localhost' identified by '{%ranger_user_password}';
grant all privileges on *.* to 'ranger'@'localhost';
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'%';
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'{%database_host}' identified by '{%ranger_user_password}';
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'localhost' with grant option;
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'{%database_host}' with grant option;
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'%' with grant option;
flush privileges;
quit;

When running the ranger admin wizard you will need

user:ranger
password:{%ranger_user_password}
database host:{%database_host}

After test the ranger database connection this should succeed.

From the attached screenshot I can't grasp what you are trying to enable can you share the document you are using for enabling knoxsso for Ambari?

Please revert

Mentor

@abbas mohammadnejad

From the screenshot, I see you have 3 unresolved errors with rangeradmin. And on the advanced tab you have 5 other errors can you drill down resolve those issues first and then retry.

Firstly can you run "service check for YARN"

Typically the rangeradmin you need to set the user and database in advance or during the setup use the below steps assuming you are on mysql or MariaDB

########################################### 
# Create the ranger database and user 
############################################ 
mysql -uroot -p{%root_password} 
create database ranger; 
create user 'ranger'@'localhost' identified by '{%ranger_user_password}'; 
grant all privileges on *.* to 'ranger'@'localhost'; 
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'%'; 
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'{%database_host}' identified by '{%ranger_user_password}'; 
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'localhost' with grant option; 
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'{%database_host}' with grant option; 
grant all privileges on ranger.* to 'ranger'@'%' with grant option; 
flush privileges; quit;

When running the ranger admin wizard you will need

user:ranger password:{%ranger_user_password} database host:{%database_host}

After test the ranger database connection this should succeed.

From the attached screenshot I can't grasp what you are trying to enable can you share the document you are using for enabling knoxsso for Ambari?

Please revert

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot thanks for you

i have database and users in mysql for ranger. this error happen before entering database information.

from step assign slaves and clients to customize service.

when i run "service check for YARN", bellow error happening:

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Resource Manager state is not available. Failed to determine the active Resource Manager web application address from myexample.hortonworks.com:8088

Mentor

@abbas mohammadnejad

I am getting confused, were you having already a running cluster or you are attempting to do a fresh install?

If you had a working cluster then the error "Resource Manager state is not available" suggests that YARN is not running.
What is the value of your YARN config yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address does the hostname match the output of

$ hostname -f

The hostname in the above output should match the entry in your /etc/hosts in the cluster and resolvable by DNS

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here