Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

service is not created after enable ranger plugin

service is not created after enable ranger plugin

Contributor

I custom a stack, but after I enable ranger plugin for hdfs, I can not see the default service on the ranger ui.

As usual, it may be a default service named bigdata_hadoop($stackname_$componentname).

13607-selection-009.png

but I can not see it after I custom a stack.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: service is not created after enable ranger plugin

I see bigdata_hadoop is one created for hdfs, i would like to know what you customised in your cluster ?

Contributor

First, I Enable Ranger Plugin for HDFS, and then save the change, but there is an error message "The configuration changes could not be validated for consistency due to an unknown error. Your changes have not been saved yet. Would you like to proceed and save the changes?".

I do not know why it happens the error message, can you help me?

but the screenshot you attached that shows service is created , I see bigdata_hadoop is present

Highlighted

Contributor

avatar imageZhao Chaofeng: bigdata seems to be your cluster name. Ranger default services get created with <clustername>_<servicename>. Unless you manually created this service, it's the default service only.

I am guessing you clicked on 'yes' in response to if you would like to go ahead and save the changes...in which case the hadoop ranger plugin change would have got saved(You can verify this by going to Ranger configs under Ranger service on Ambari UI and selecting Ranger plugin tab. HDFS Ranger Plugin should be ON). After restarting Ranger and Hdfs, the default repo would have been created.