Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

service ticket not found in the subject, what is the reason?

New Contributor

Found ticket for admin/admin@DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM to go to krbtgt/DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM@DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM expiring on Fri Dec 11 00:00:05 GMT 2015 Entered Krb5Context.initSecContext with state=STATE_NEW Found ticket for admin/admin@DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM to go to krbtgt/DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM@DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM expiring on Fri Dec 11 00:00:05 GMT 2015 Found ticket for admin/admin@DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM to go to hbase/hadoop4@DOMA.INTERAKTCO.COM expiring on Fri Dec 11 00:00:05 GMT 2015

Service ticket not found in the subject

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'd put that down to DNS being in a mess or you not having a principal for the form service/host@REALM for the host in question.

See: https://steveloughran.gitbooks.io/kerberos_and_hadoop/content/sections/errors.html

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Could you elaborate a bit more what you are trying to do?

Are you trying to access hbase shell or trying to start Hbase Service?

What HDP version is this? What KDC is this (MIT,...) ?

New Contributor

Hi Jonas, here HDP 2.0 and ambari 1.6.0, here enabled kerberos when submitting the job getting error as "connection refused".

when enabled debug mode of kerberos, before getting connection refused message, i am getting a message as "service ticket not found in the subject"

here domain is not configured and nslookup <hostname> is not working, can we suspect this?

thanks for your help.

New Contributor

here kerberos version is 1.10.3

I'd put that down to DNS being in a mess or you not having a principal for the form service/host@REALM for the host in question.

See: https://steveloughran.gitbooks.io/kerberos_and_hadoop/content/sections/errors.html

Explorer

In my case I was testing different blueprints so I was installing on the same hosts over and over again. This error started coming up after 3 days and after deleting the principal from kerberos database (and allowing ambari to recreate it during install) this step passed. There was another error of course... but thats for a different post 🙂

Explorer

well, that was not the solution. created a question here