Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

services are not running i want to reinstall the cluster, is it possible to remove or delete the cluster and re install again?

services are not running i want to reinstall the cluster, is it possible to remove or delete the cluster and re install again?

New Contributor

3 REPLIES 3

Re: services are not running i want to reinstall the cluster, is it possible to remove or delete the cluster and re install again?

Hi @prswamy t, please follow the steps from here:

• Login into Ambari Server host.
  • Clear the database. At the command line, type: "ambari-server reset"
  • Clear your browser cache.
  • Re-run the Install Wizard.

Re: services are not running i want to reinstall the cluster, is it possible to remove or delete the cluster and re install again?

Expert Contributor

Hi @prswamy t

After ambari reset run host cleanup script and following yum remove commands on all hosts

python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py --silent

yum remove zookeep*

yum remove hdp-select hdp*

Now you are good to restart the installation.

@prswamy t

May be you should first find why they are not running and identify the root cause - else you might hit upon the same issue post re-installation.