Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

spark-submit throws nosuchmethoderror but spark-sheel executes fine for same code

Contributor

When I try to create hiveContext from spark-shell, I get it done but same statements when packed in jar(scala source) throws :Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.sql(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/spark/sql/Dataset when I try to run it with spark-submit.

i am running it with:

spark-submit --class com.mycom.MYApp --master local[4] --driver-class-path /usr/hdp/2.3.6.0-3796/spark/tmplib/spark-hive_2.10-1.5.2.jar /tmp/temp/test.jar

code:

def main(args: Array[String]) { val sparkConf = new SparkConf().setAppName("sparkSQL") val sparkContext = new SparkContext(sparkConf) val hiveContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext(sparkContext) val sqlContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext(sparkContext) val hdf = hiveContext.sql("select * from contracts") hdf.printSchema() val mdf = sqlContext.read.format("com.mongodb.spark.sql.DataSource").option("uri", "mongodb://username:password@host:27008/DBname.collectionname").load() mdf.printSchema() }

I already tried running spark-submit with --driver-class-path also with --jars and --files /path/to/hive-site.xml but no luck 😞

I am running spark 1.5.2 and scala 2.10

Help please.

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi @Mukesh Burman,

I saw in you code that you refer to mongoDB. Did you add all the necessary library for mongoDB?

Michel

Contributor

Hi @msumbul,

Thanks for your reply,

This issue was mainly due to multiple version of spark was installed and was not properly configured.

Due to that, spark-shell was getting called from spark 1.5 and spark-submit was getting called from spark 1.3.

I installed spark 2.2 and made 2.2 as major version. And issue is resolved.

Thanks again.