Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

spark2 on RStudio

Highlighted

spark2 on RStudio

Explorer

Team,

Iam getting below error while initiating a connecting to HIVE through R studio using spark2

Code:

Sys.setenv("SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION"="2") ycc <- rxSparkConnect(consoleOutput=TRUE,executorMem="4g",driverMem="4g", executorOverheadMem="4g",executorCores=1,numExecutors=5, persistentRun=TRUE,extraSparkConfig='--conf spark.yarn.queue=default')

Error:

No Spark applications can be reused. It may take 1 to 2 minutes to launch a new Spark application. Error in rxRemoteExecute(computeContext, shellCmd, schedulerJobInstance) : Error while running RevoSparkSubmitLauncher ERROR: Failed to start a Spark application, perhaps because the cluster is busy with other jobs. Please check YARN usage and try again. rxSetComputeContext(ycc) Error in is(computeContext, "RxSpark") : object 'ycc' not found

I see their is a enough resources avaliable on the cluter and for the particular queue

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: spark2 on RStudio

@suresh krish

Try to export "Spark_Home” to the search path for R packages so that we can use SparkR, and initialize a SparkR session.

Sys.setenv("SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION"="2")
Sys.setenv("SPARK_HOME"="/usr/hdp/2.6.1.0-129/spark2")
ycc<-rxSparkConnect(consoleOutput=TRUE,executorMem="10g",driverMem="10g",executorOverheadMem="10g",executorCores=1,numExecutors=5,extraSprakConfig="--conf 
spark.yarn.queue=default") 

More info on link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/hdinsight/hdinsight-hadoop-r-scaler-sparkr

Hope this helps you.

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Sridhar, Thanks for your response.. I tried with pointing to spark2 conf dir but got the same error

Highlighted

@suresh krish

May I know what's the error message you are getting?

Explorer

Hi Sridhar, thanks for your reply . tried with the option... getting same error..

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here