Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

sqoop export syntax to export hive table to Sql Server Database table.

Expert Contributor

I want to export hive table to RDBMS database table. I tried below command but it only works when the table is in hive "default" database.

sqoop export --connect "jdbc:sqlserver://x.x.x.x:1433;username=aaa@bbb;password=qqqq;database=dddd" --table table1 --hcatalog-table tbl1 but i want to export table from database i have created in hive.

7 REPLIES 7

Super Guru
@heta desai

I think the database option should be "--hcatagol-database" otherwise the default database is used which is what the behavior you are seeing. Checkt he following document for hcatalog integration with sqoop.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.2/bk_dataintegration/content/sqoop-hcatalog-i...

Expert Contributor

it worked for me. thank you so much.

Super Guru

@heta desai

Thanks. If the answer helped, can you please accept it.

New Contributor

sqoop export \

–connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@enkx3-scan:1521:dbName \ –username user \ –password password123 \ –direct \ –export-dir ‘/user/hive/warehouse/test_oracle.db/my_all_objects_sqoop’ \ –table testtable \ –fields-terminated-by ‘\001’

Expert Contributor

thank you.

New Contributor

I solved the issue by converting the Hive table from managed to External

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE new_table
AS
SELECT *
FROM old_table

Community Manager

Hi @Tremo, as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: