Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

sqoop import to hive again stroing repeted recordes in same hive table

sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://locahost/test --table a2 --username root --password -m 1 --hive-import --hive-database default --hive-table a2 --target-dir /tmp/n11 --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver 1.

The mysql table a2 contains 2 records.

example

id name

1 aa

2 bb

2. Initially i run the below query it create and load the 2 records to the hive

3.Then i run the same query again it stores the same records like this

id name

1 aa

2 bb

1 aa

2 bb

how avoid this duplicate records generation in hive table using sqoop please suggest me

please help me to solve this problem

thanks in advance

swathi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

You must have a table with a column updating the modifed date (date of insert or update). If you have this column, then use: --check-column {modified_date_col} --incremental {lastmodified} --last-value {modified_date}. If you do not have this column, you cannot avoid your issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

You must have a table with a column updating the modifed date (date of insert or update). If you have this column, then use: --check-column {modified_date_col} --incremental {lastmodified} --last-value {modified_date}. If you do not have this column, you cannot avoid your issue.

Thanku so much

Contributor

Dear All.

I have table in sql server that column contain random unique number there is no any primary key but we want to perform incremental append or lastmodified operation using sqoop so please help me.

Note:-This is Critical Issue.

Contributor

Greg's answer applies to you as well for incremental import/export operation. Also if you have some column in your source table which is an sequential index etc then you can be used for --split-by clause for distribution of data per mapper to scale parallelism and reduce runtime of app.

My understanding is random numbers in a column if used for split key , can cause skew as well leading to different runtimes for map tasks.