Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

sqoop-merge: class file not found

sqoop-merge: class file not found

New Contributor

Hi,

I ran the following sqoop-codegen command followed by sqoop-merge command, but get

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class /user/output/bin/customerInfo.class not found

Tried with /user/output/bin/customerInfo and get the same error. The .java, .class and .jar file are in LFS in dir /user/output/bin.

sqoop codegen --connect jdbc:mysql://sandbox.hortonworks.com:3306/test --username root --password askfor1 --table customerInfo --map-column-java mtts=String,startdte=String --null-string "" --null-non-string "" --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --bindir /user/output/bin --outdir /user/output/bin

then ran the sqoop merge:

sqoop merge --class-name /user/output/bin/customerInfo.class --jar-file /user/output/bin/customerInfo.jar --new-data /user/output/part-m-00000 --onto /user/output/part-m-00001 --target-dir /user/output --merge-key Name

3299-kxx1d.png

Am I missing anything?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: sqoop-merge: class file not found

Explorer

@Revathy Mourouguessane

Not sure if you already solved it, I was facing the same issue today and finally was able to resolve it.

You dont have to give .class extension in the argument, just give --class-name customerInfo

This is the command I ran and its working fine, merging data from two directories into a new hdfs directory, keeping newer directory data as priority:

sqoop merge --class-name customerInfo --jar-file customerInfo.jar --new-date /user/cloudera/new_dir/ --onto /user/cloudera/old_dir --merge-key id --target-dir /user/cloudera/new_emp_dir

I kept the .jar and .class files in the bin directory of sqoop where i run commands, if you have it in some other paths - give the complete path and make sure it has the appropriate access. Hope this helps.
I'd be interested and thrilled if we could help each other learn in future too!