Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

stuck Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully. amabri agent doesn't work (docker)

Highlighted

stuck Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully. amabri agent doesn't work (docker)

Hi guys

I want to play with the Sandbox for docker. I'm using an Ubuntu 16.04 VM and the latest version of Docker.

I run sh start-sandbox-hdp.sh but ambari-agent doesn't work.

can help me please

45754-screenshot-from-2018-01-06-12-06-35.png

45753-screenshot-from-2018-01-06-12-05-44.png

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: stuck Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully. amabri agent doesn't work (docker)

Super Mentor

@salma zegdene

If ambari agent is not starting then it must be logging something.

So can you please check and share the following log?

# ls -l /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

If needed then please try starting the ambari agent in DEBUG mode by making the "loglevel=DEBUG" change in the "/etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini" file to get more detailed logging:

[agent]
logdir=/var/log/ambari-agent
piddir=/var/run/ambari-agent
prefix=/var/lib/ambari-agent/data
;loglevel=(DEBUG/INFO)
loglevel=DEBUG

Then restart the ambari agent to see DEBUG logging.

# ambari-agent restart

Highlighted

Re: stuck Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully. amabri agent doesn't work (docker)

I don't have the ambari-agent folder and the command ambari-agent not exist

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@salma zegdene

Please try to do SSH to the docker container on port 2222 as following and then try to start amari agent.

$ ssh -p 2222 root@localhost
   Enter Password: hadoop

# ambari-agent restart

Highlighted

New Contributor

@salma zegdene

@avatar imageJay Kumar SenSharma

This is likely a duplicate of my issue that occurs for Docker versions > 17.09 (reproduced with versions 17.11 and 17.12, the latter being the latest stable version for Ubuntu 16.04)

I followed the suggestion and produced debug log files after restart of the ambari-agent (note that the ambari-agent hasn't been started by the start script).

As the log files are too large for upload, should I look for any specific entries that could help to identify the root cause?

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Andreas Danckert

Please disable ambari-agent DEBUG logging and then try to restart the agent to see if normal agent log shows any error/unexpected behavior? Non Debug log of agent should be fairly small.

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

The attached INFO log file shows no apparent problem/error.

ambari-agent.txt

As mentioned in my issue report the start script runs successfully with the older Docker version 17.09.1.

Highlighted

for those running ubuntu 16.04 the shell script to start the HDP sandbox 2.6.3 Docker image will hang using Docker CE version 17.11 or 17.12. The problem does not occure with version 17.09

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here