Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

tHDFSOutput Error: There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation.

Highlighted

tHDFSOutput Error: There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation.

New Contributor

Hi, I try to send data from Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.4.1 to the Sandbox 2.6 ( VirtualBox). both running on the same machine with Linux 16.04 LTS. The installation of the sandbox went well and I can reach Ambari and can browse localhost:8080 as well as localhost:50070. I also can up- and download data manually. But while trying to send data from talend this results in the following error:

Exception in component tHDFSOutput_1 (sandboxtest)
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File /user/raj_ops/out.csv could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1). There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation.
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager.chooseTarget4NewBlock(BlockManager.java:1703)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getNewBlockTargets(FSNamesystem.java:3336)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:3260)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.addBlock(NameNodeRpcServer.java:849)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:503)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java)

The file actually gets created but not data is written in it.

Does anyone have an idea how I could solve this issue?

Thanks a lot for help.