Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

trucking demo: Java Run time errors from storm

Expert Contributor

Can any body help me identify the root cause of the run time errors as shown in the picture attached. This is coming up when running the trucking demo.

4461-error-truckingdemo-nifi.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Seems like you are trying to run the new tutorial @jmedel is working on that feeds truck events using Nifi into Kafka.

Error #1: (IllegalArgument) I think you have an older version of the Nifi topology which was not filtering for log output. Consequently invalid arguments were passed into the topology. This has since been fixed

Error #4: NPE: James' older setup instructions/scripts were not moving the PMML related files over. This has since been fixed

Other errors are probably also related to one of the above. I suggest you re-try with a newer version of the tutorial

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Collaborator

Hi Geetha,

I came across the same error. This is the issue that comes up when the process is in accepted state and doesn't move to running state. This could be due to the error with creating Hive tables within the process or could be an issue with Hbase table.

In my case it was an issue with Hive tables creation error.

This can be resolved either by killing the process in accepted state and moving in with manually creating the tables.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sujitha

Expert Contributor

Thank you sujitha. thats the same reason

Seems like you are trying to run the new tutorial @jmedel is working on that feeds truck events using Nifi into Kafka.

Error #1: (IllegalArgument) I think you have an older version of the Nifi topology which was not filtering for log output. Consequently invalid arguments were passed into the topology. This has since been fixed

Error #4: NPE: James' older setup instructions/scripts were not moving the PMML related files over. This has since been fixed

Other errors are probably also related to one of the above. I suggest you re-try with a newer version of the tutorial

Expert Contributor

@Ali Bajwa Thanks Ali. These errors were from, before we sat with you. Doing all things suggested worked like charm . Appreciate your response.