Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

tutorial-660: The tag based policy is not working as expected.

tutorial-660: The tag based policy is not working as expected.

I have followed all the steps from http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/tag-based-policies-atlas-ranger/ but it seems there is issue with Tag based policy. The resource based policy worked as expected. After adding the tag based policy its failing with following exception : java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException

java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.resources.jobs.JobService.getOne(JobService.java:141)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor314.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60)
	at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:205)
	at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:75)
	at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:302)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: tutorial-660: The tag based policy is not working as expected.

Super Collaborator

Hi @milind pandit , can you please tell at which step and where did you get this?

Super Collaborator

Also, can you make sure from Ambari that your Ranger Tagsync component is up and running? If not, please restart Ranger and then Atlas.

@mrizvi

In the Docker HDP 2.5 Sandbox, the Ranger Tagsyncs component is stopped by default. In the tutorial you say to restart Ranger, then Atlas. I might be helpful to point out that Ranger Tagsyncs will be stopped until you restart Ranger.

Super Collaborator

good point, let me edit that