Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ubuntu14 local repository is wrong

New Contributor

I want to build a ubuntu14 local repository, but when i download and untar the tar.gz file.

* the content of public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/ubuntu14/2.x/updates/2.3.4.0/HDP-2.3.4.0-ubuntu14-deb.tar.gz is repo for ubuntu12

* the content of public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/ubuntu14/2.x/updates/2.3.2.0/HDP-2.3.2.0-ubuntu14-deb.tar.gz is for debian7

would someone fix this bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Technically we build on ubuntu12 OS and ship for ubuntu12 and ubuntu14, the same build/repository can be deployed on ubuntu12 and ubuntu14. HWX tested and certified ubuntu12 repository to be deployed on ubuntu14.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I have forwarded this issue to my colleagues, who are responsible for the repositories. They will validate and fix the repositories as soon as possible.

Hi Jonas, do you have any update for when your collegues can have fixed the repositories?

I checked on Friday, and the ubuntu14 download tar.gz still contain ubuntu12 path/files and i'm having problem getting this repository to "validate" in ambari for use with ubuntu14, so effectively I can't use it, and ambari will default to download from your public repository which is very slow for me.

(But maybe this is an Ambari issue, and not repository issue)

Explorer

Technically we build on ubuntu12 OS and ship for ubuntu12 and ubuntu14, the same build/repository can be deployed on ubuntu12 and ubuntu14. HWX tested and certified ubuntu12 repository to be deployed on ubuntu14.