Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to connect aws ec2 from vnc viewer or ssh

Contributor

Hello Friends,

Please help me on this.

I have set up aws ec2 instance for hdpcd practice exam. Also, I have downloaded vnc viewer.

Now, as per document I am able to start ec2 instance. The region which I have selected is Asia Pacific - Mumbai. I am using public dns name with port 5901. Also, I have disabled my windows firewall.

But when trying to connect from VNC Viewer, it is showing unable to connect error message. Please suggest how to get it through.

Unfortunately, I tried to take help from one of my friend who did this on his own machine.

Even, he is not able to help me out.

Thanking you

Santanu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

Did you create a FW rule in you ec2. Console to allow port 5901 to outside world * or limited it to your IP?

Please revert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

Did you create a FW rule in you ec2. Console to allow port 5901 to outside world * or limited it to your IP?

Please revert

Contributor

Thanks Geoffrey for your response.

Yes, I did that and now the issue is resolved.

It seems, only the EC2 instance of N.Virginia region works fine for hdpcd practice exam. Not sure about the reason.

But when I changed the region from drop down and created a new instance, I was able to connect from VNC Viewer.

I hope that problem will not appear again. If so then I will reach out to you guys.

Thanking you

Santanu