Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to start ambari-server because postgresql failed to start

Expert Contributor

Ambari Server running with administrator privileges. Running initdb: This may take upto a minute. About to start PostgreSQL ERROR: Exiting with exit code 3. REASON: Unable to start PostgreSQL server. Status stopped. . Exiting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

i found the solution i uninstall ambari-server without reset it and install it and it's work .

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

did you setup Ambari with embedded postgres or standalone? If embedded, are you sure you have all of your prerequisites satisfied? Try starting the database server manually.

Expert Contributor

yes all cluster was fine , today i try to start ambari-server then i have this error , i tried to

service postgresql start Starting postgresql service: [FAILED]

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits

thate the error:

Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection 
refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the 
postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

@ Mourad Chahri,

Did you changed anything in cluster?

Did you see anything in logs?

Expert Contributor

yes :

Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

Expert Contributor

i found the solution i uninstall ambari-server without reset it and install it and it's work .

Explorer

Hi @Mourad Chahri, having same issue. i downloaded hortonworks sandbox and trying to configure it. how to specifically reinstall ambari-server? any specific commands?