Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

unable to start ranger

I am not able to start ranger , please find below stack trace for the same :

File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 150, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 303, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of '/usr/bin/ranger-admin-stop' returned 127. NOTE: This script is provided for backward compatibility only. All scripts calling this should now use '/usr/bin/ranger-admin stop' instead
/usr/bin/ranger-admin-stop: line 19: /usr/bin/ranger-admin: No such file or directory

I could see in my cluster link:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 ranger root   58 Mar 12 11:27 ranger-admin-start -> /usr/hdp/2.6.4.0-91/ranger-admin/ews/start-ranger-admin.sh
lrwxrwxrwx  1 ranger root   57 Mar 12 11:27 ranger-admin-stop -> /usr/hdp/2.6.4.0-91/ranger-admin/ews/stop-ranger-admin.sh

There si something related to symlink but i am not able to resolve .

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

Looks like your Ranger Admin is not installed properly. When did you install Ranger to your cluster?

If it is recently installed then the installation log need to be checked to findout why the installation was not complete and why it is missing the "ranger-admin" startup script.

But if it is recently installed then it will be best if you can reinstall Ranger.

Did you do any upgrades in this cluster? If so, please check the symlinks and make sure they are pointing to the correct ranger scripts (inside the correct ranger version folder).

Take a Tour of the Community
Don't have an account?
Your experience may be limited. Sign in to explore more.