Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

upgrade HDP 2.4

Master Collaborator

i cant Register Target Version 2.4 into HDP 2.3.4, my ambari version is:

ADMIN_VIEW{2.2.0.0

3115-sin-titulo.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

You need to upgrade Ambari to 2.2.1.x -- this is because there is a newer version of Spark in the HDP 2.4 stack definition.

The primary reason to upgrade to HDP 2.4.x is to obtain the latest version of Spark (1.6.x). If you aren't going to use the latest Spark, I would recommend sticking with the 2.3.x line.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

Understanding that the 2.4 doesn't appear in the dropdown, are you still able to use an arbitrary number and register the correct repo(s) from here: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.1/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_hdp_24_reposi... ?

Contributor

You need to upgrade Ambari to 2.2.1.x -- this is because there is a newer version of Spark in the HDP 2.4 stack definition.

The primary reason to upgrade to HDP 2.4.x is to obtain the latest version of Spark (1.6.x). If you aren't going to use the latest Spark, I would recommend sticking with the 2.3.x line.

Master Collaborator

Ok thanks:

actually we are going to use sparkR and i would like to use the last version of spark so, first i need to update de ambari 2.2.1 right??? and then update de hdp???

thanks

Master Collaborator

Hi:

After upgrade the ambari 2.2.1, i can upgrade the hdp 2.4.

Many thanks