Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

upgrade HDP2.3 to 2.5 using Ambari stuck

New Contributor

I am trying to upgrade HortonWorks HDP2.3 to 2.5 using Ambari.

Installation of all the service upgrades is done. All the Service Checks are successful.

But while trying to upgrade, it says "Check failed" as below and no error is thrown in 'ambari-server.log'

Can someone point me where should I look for the errors(logs) and help me resolve the below issue?

enter image description here

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AAV AAV

It looks like your cluster is not pointing to correct cluster version. please check clusterstate table and make sure it is pointing to HDP 2.3 version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@AAV AAV

It looks like your cluster is not pointing to correct cluster version. please check clusterstate table and make sure it is pointing to HDP 2.3 version.

Contributor

@AAV AAV

Did you run individual service check before attempting to upgrade to make sure service checks were green for all of your HDP services. I'd suggest performing that first.

Master Mentor

@AAV AAV

The Ambari upgrade does check for errors for the 2 upgrade options Rolling or Express. From the screen shot attached you will see that I got different number of errors depending on the upgrade option.

You should click on the links next to the Xchecks

These errors MUST be resolved or skipped(not recommended) for the successful upgrade. Only after then can you finalize your upgrade.

upgrade-error-detail.pngupgrade-error.png

Expert Contributor

I would suggest to double check :

1- your Iptables services are off

2-your /etc/hosts are correct

3-stop and restart all service on the existing install