Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

user issues found before creating services (warn: users should be removed) 21 :hive, storm, zookeeper,oozie.......? how to remove users

Highlighted

user issues found before creating services (warn: users should be removed) 21 :hive, storm, zookeeper,oozie.......? how to remove users

3941-screenshot-from-2016-05-03-15-45-02.png

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: user issues found before creating services (warn: users should be removed) 21 :hive, storm, zookeeper,oozie.......? how to remove users

Rising Star

hi,

lunch this script on all host

python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py --silent

PS:

with root user. This script delete all user, packet, directory and config of all hdp service for clean installation :)

Highlighted

Re: user issues found before creating services (warn: users should be removed) 21 :hive, storm, zookeeper,oozie.......? how to remove users

hi,

what this command will do? @Alessio Ubaldi

Highlighted

Rising Star

I response in other post: delete all user, packet, directory and config of all hdp service for clean installation :)

Highlighted

thank you @Alessio Ubaldi, it is still showing the same issue.

So, I tried it manually using the below command:(to delete the existing user)

# userdel hive

used the above command for all user listed in users list

This Worked for me!!

Highlighted

Rising Star

yes, you can use this command for delete one to one all user. But with python script you can delete all user and packet, directory and config of all hdp service for clean installation :)

Cheers

Highlighted

in shell, it is showing that users are deleted. But in Ambari it is still Same.

Highlighted

Rising Star

This script is need to lunch only BEFORE you install hdp. NOT AFTER or will remove all service and user! This script not delete ambari user (is stored on db you are used for configured ambari), but delete only the SO user. Ambari user is not same SO user.

Highlighted

Guru

If this is users created from a just abandoned install, I would even leave them as is and proceed with the install. There can also be cases where you shouldn't be cleaning up users (like where they are created in advance with specific gids and uids in advance). I know this is counter to general guidance on cleanup but general problems with existing users are if a user with same name is created by a non-hdp process.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here