Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

user not found while running hive query from kerberos user

Rising Star

Hi Folks,

I have 3 node cluster in my environment, where i have configured kerberos & ranger integrated with Active Directory. I have setup one way trust MIT KDC. Users are able to get ticket.

Now while i'm running hive query, i'm getting failed query and getting below logs:

Application application_1528875723692_0001 failed 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1528875723692_0001_000002 exited with exitCode: -1000

For more detailed output, check the application tracking page: http://security-test3.example.com:8088/cluster/app/application_1528875723692_0001

Then click on links to logs of each attempt.

Diagnostics: Application application_1528875723692_0001 initialization failed (exitCode=255) with output: main : command provided 0

main : run as user is asif

main : requested yarn user is asif

User asif not found

Failing this attempt. Failing the application.

Please advice what can i do for solve it.

Regards,

Vinay

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey @Vinay K!

Does this user asif exists in all NodeManager/ResourceManager machines? And does it belong to yarn group?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Rising Star

Hi,

I have configured the sssd with AD server.

Now i'm able to run query.

Thanks

Let me know if anyone having any query.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hey @Vinay K!

Does this user asif exists in all NodeManager/ResourceManager machines? And does it belong to yarn group?

Hope this helps!

Rising Star

Hi @Vinicius Higa Murakami

No, asif user does not exist on any Nodemanager/ResourceManager machines. I had setup-ldap(AD) with ambari-server. Then i had setup one way trust MIT KDC with AD. I believe i don't need to setup sssd service.

I have defined asif user in ranger policy for use all queue.

Even i had tried to add user on OS of ResourceManeger, i was able to execute query by asif. But i don't want to add each user on ResourceManager's OS.

Rising Star

Hi,

I have configured the sssd with AD server.

Now i'm able to run query.

Thanks

Let me know if anyone having any query.

Expert Contributor

Hi, vinayk

i have the same issue as yours, integrated hadoop with openldap, and hdfs, hive, sentry can work fine, i mean sentry or hdfs can find user in openldap.  but the only exceptional is yarn can't , when i test mapreduce examples by the user which is exist in openldap, it gives me the errors like below:

main : run as user is jialong
main : requested yarn user is jialong
User jialong not found

as you know, when we create this user on os level , it will be ok , but i don't want to create user on os level, how to achieve that ? why hdfs. sentry can work fine, but yarn is not .

Community Manager

@iamfromsky as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: