Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

vertext failled Error - Hive

Highlighted

vertext failled Error - Hive

Contributor

Hi,

I'm using HDP 2.5 in our server with 2 nodes. I'm running query successfully in hive. Suddenly I'm facing mapping with source table to add column to my new table, By this below query; I got vertext failled error. Please find my log hive-error.txt while running this query in hive view. Please tell me how do i resolve this issue.

create table New_table 
As
select distinct
ab.id,
ab.first_name,
ab.middle_name,
ab.last_name,
b.Address,
b.City_Name,
b.State_Name
from Temp_table ab join Source_table b 
on (ab.id=b.id);
4 REPLIES 4

Re: vertext failled Error - Hive

Mentor

@Varun R

How much memory do you have available for your cluster.

Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Please have a look at this document help you

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/14309/demystify-tez-tuning-step-by-step.html

Contributor

In our cluster each node has 16 gb memory. and also set in cli java heap size. still i can't able to resolve

set hive.tez.container.size=4096; set hive.tez.java.opts=-Xmx3280m; set tez.runtime.io.sort.mb=1640; set tez.runtime.unordered.output.buffer.size-mb=410;

Mapper 2 initialied failed.

Mentor

@Varun R

Did you go through the documents? Can you give the difference between you current and former config version?

Expert Contributor

Try to set Execution Engine to MR and check still you getting the error ?

set hive.execution.engine=mr
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here