Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

webhcatalog error using ddl

Highlighted

webhcatalog error using ddl

New Contributor

Hi everyone,

when i try to get some DDL i received this errors:

for example:

get :: http://myserver:50111/templeton/v1/ddl/database?user.name=hive

{

"statement": "show databases like '*';",

"error": "unable to show databases for: *",

"exec": {

"stdout": "",

"stderr": "which: no /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.10.1-1.cdh5.10.1.p0.10/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop in ((null))\ndirname: missing operand\nTry `dirname --help' for more information.\nlog4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.\njava.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.10.1-1.cdh5.10.1.p0.10/lib/hive/logs/hcat.log (No such file or directory)\n\tat java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)\n\tat java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)\n\tat java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:142)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:294)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:165)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFileAppender.java:223)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:307)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:172)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:104)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:842)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:768)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:648)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:514)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:580)\n\tat org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:415)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.LogUtils.initHiveLog4jDefault(LogUtils.java:133)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.LogUtils.initHiveLog4jCommon(LogUtils.java:83)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.LogUtils.initHiveLog4j(LogUtils.java:64)\n\tat org.apache.hive.hcatalog.cli.HCatCli.main(HCatCli.java:65)\n\tat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)\n\tat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)\n\tat sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)\n\tat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)\nlog4j:ERROR Either File or DatePattern options are not set for appender [DRFA].\n Command  was terminated due to timeout(10000ms).  See templeton.exec.timeout property",

"exitcode": 143

}

}

i haven`t problem when i try to see the version of hadoop or hive.

only has problems with ddl transactions.

the error of : (java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.10.1-1.cdh5.10.1.p0.10/lib/hive/logs/hcat.log) is easy to solve,only needs a change of permissions on hcat.log file,

but the error(which: no /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.10.1-1.cdh5.10.1.p0.10/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop in ((null))\ndirname: missing operand\nTry `dirname --help' for more information.\nlog4j:ERROR) i haven’t the knowledge to repair it.

the log /var/log/hcatalog/hadoop-cmf-hive-WEBHCAT-mynode has the same info,i can't add more info.

I’m using the latest version of cloudera manager.

Thanks in advance!