Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

what is the ideal number of nodes(how many masters and how many slaves) should be probation in hadoop production environment?

Highlighted

what is the ideal number of nodes(how many masters and how many slaves) should be probation in hadoop production environment?

New Contributor

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: what is the ideal number of nodes(how many masters and how many slaves) should be probation in hadoop production environment?

Super Guru

@Barada Nayak To acurately answer your question we need more info.

Which services do you plan to use (hive, oozie, hbase, etc)

Is HA required for all services? This is a business decision on HA requirements

what are the data volumes the cluster with host?

what are the mutation figures?

Generally you will find small clusters with 3 masters, medium with 4 and large with at least 5. It all depend on your use case. I have seen in the field where name node gets pounded and I have recommended to isolate the name node (not share with other master services).

Highlighted

Re: what is the ideal number of nodes(how many masters and how many slaves) should be probation in hadoop production environment?

New Contributor

Thanks @Sunile Manjee for your reply.I want to use hive ,hbase,oozie,sqoop,falcon,knox,ranger,spark.

Yes,HA required for all services.

monthly 1 TB of data and growing at 10%.

We are aiming for 1 PB data .

Can you brief me little about mutation figure?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here