Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

when create table or insert table from an exists table with error "INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session"

Highlighted

when create table or insert table from an exists table with error "INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session"

New Contributor

Hi everybody,

I'm learing HDP by URL: http://zh.hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/hello-world-an-introduction-to-hadoop-hcatalog-hive-and-pi...

in the section to create orc table: CREATE TABLE geolocation STORED AS ORC AS SELECT * FROM geolocation_stage; I got message: INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session. And nothing was created. I also tried "inster into table select * from " statement. I have the same information.

I searched questions. Some person said to use chrom. I tried and had the same information. Does anyone have any idea why I have this message and nothing is created in hive?

My version is hdp2.4 and ambari 2.2..1.1. And three nodes: one ambari server, one master node, and one data node. Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: when create table or insert table from an exists table with error "INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session"

@Dillon Lu do you see any log data on the Logs tab or messages that indicate errors when you click the Messages button (envelope icon, bottom of right-hand command panel)?

Highlighted

Re: when create table or insert table from an exists table with error "INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session"

New Contributor

Thank you for help. What I only see is "INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session"

And in the "envelope icon", I only see "Query has been submitted."

Explorer

Would you mind share your hive log file when this problem happens?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thank you for help. Sorry. I'm not family with ambari or any hadoop components. So, could you please clarify what's the hive log you mean? If you mean the log message in the ambari/hive window, I only see "INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session"( in the bottom of Query Editor box)

Highlighted

Try execute "set hive.execution.engine=mr" before your Hive query and check if query execute successfully. If yes that means Tez wait for resource to allocate beforehead but MR place job directly in job queue.

Highlighted

New Contributor

set hive.execution.engine=mr;

CREATE TABLE geolocation STORED AS ORC AS SELECT * FROM geolocation_stage;

logs in the bottom:

INFO : Number of reduce tasks is set to 0 since there's no reduce operator INFO : number of splits:1 INFO : Submitting tokens for job: job_1465196637596_0012 INFO : The url to track the job: http://master.hadoop:8088/proxy/application_1465196637596_0012/ INFO : Starting Job = job_1465196637596_0012, Tracking URL = http://master.hadoop:8088/proxy/application_1465196637596_0012/ INFO : Kill Command = /usr/hdp/2.4.2.0-258/hadoop/bin/hadoop job -kill job_1465196637596_0012

If I check the notifications, it shows "query has been submitted"

Than you for help too

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here