Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

which version is the best combination of RHEL and ambari to install?

Highlighted

which version is the best combination of RHEL and ambari to install?

Contributor

@amcbarnet, I saw your details of install RHEL 6.3 and ambari 1.x/GA early, it was very good one, help so many people get started.

I wonder if you have installed OS, EC2 instance, ambari.repo version latelly. I installed HDP 2.4 last month, I erased it since mongodb sharding have issues. Unfortunately, I just could not repeat what I did in first place.

I noticed not all AMI/RHEL EC2 and ambari.repo can work together, they are kind of version combinations + AMI instance versions + instance type. dont know if you have agree the same.

please share these AWS AMI/RHEL EC2 compatible version info if you have install HDP on AWS recently.

Thank you so much.

Robin

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: which version is the best combination of RHEL and ambari to install?

Super Mentor

Re: which version is the best combination of RHEL and ambari to install?

Contributor

thank you, I already sent a mail to amcbarnett who is owner of the first link to ask this question and I already talk to the guy who is owner of the second link. I followed the exactly RHEL 7.1 m4.large, and ambari 2.4.01 on AWS. somehow dont work for me, there are warnings on installation and ambari-metrics-collector never work.

Do you have any good combinations you have installed?

thank you so much for spending time for my question.

Robin

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here