Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

while setting database connection with mysql facing error

while setting database connection with mysql facing error

Explorer

I am new to cloudera , earlier I was working on Hortonworks hadoop distribution . I am installing cloudera manager following its documentation page , but while setting database(MYSQL )  with cloudera manager I am facing below error : root@instance-1 etc]# /usr/share/cmf/schema/scm_prepare_database.sh postgresql scm scm scm JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_31 Verifying that we can write to /etc/cloudera-scm-server Creating SCM configuration file in /etc/cloudera-scm-server Executing: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java -cp /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/java/oracle-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/java/postgresql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/cmf/schema/../lib/* com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties com.cloudera.cmf.db. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/postgresql/util/PSQLException : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) Could not find the main class: com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor. Program will exit. --> Error 1, giving up (use --force if you wish to ignore the error)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: while setting database connection with mysql facing error

Community Manager

Hi @warrior ,

Could you please paste the documentation link which you were following to install Cloudera Manager? Here is the latest doc for your information:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/install_cm_cdh.html

Also, did you install the JDBC driver on the CM host and all the other hosts which requires database access like this doc mentions?

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ig_mysql.html#cmig_topic_5_5_3

Thanks,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Resolution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum