Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

yarn.application.classpath - hardcode value for CDH 5.0.1 please?

Highlighted

yarn.application.classpath - hardcode value for CDH 5.0.1 please?

Contributor

Hello All,

I need to hardcode the value for "yarn.application.classpath "  - Could you please help me out with all the values?

Thanks,

Ram

3 REPLIES 3

Re: yarn.application.classpath - hardcode value for CDH 5.0.1 please?

Super Guru

Hi Ram,

Without a little more context it is hard to tell what you are asking.  In CM, you can manage Yarn configuration, including the setting you specified.  See this documentation:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Configura...

You can search for yarn.application.classpath on the page (with your browser search).

Regards,

Ben

Contributor

Hi Ben,

I am trying to get the CDH 5.0.1 working with Datameer using MRv2  and I did the cut and past of variables from yarn-site.xml file but for some reason datameer is not able to get the correct yarn.application.classpath variables. So I am thinking of putting the hard code path into datameer configuration like /usr/lib/hadoop, /usr/lib/hadoop/, /usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/ ...etc

see if it makes any difference. so I need value for all the below variables (  I can spend time to collect these on my own but I thought it will be easy to get it from forum as it is standard rpm install)

$HADOOP_CLIENT_CONF_DIR,$HADOOP_CONF_DIR,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/*,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/lib/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/lib/*,$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/*,$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/lib/*

What I am thinking is to put the above variables into datameer user unix profile and also on applicaiton configuration.

Thanks,

Ram

Super Guru

Ram,

I haven't done this myself, but according to the following page, it appears Datameer needs some configuration:

https://documentation.datameer.com/documentation/current/Setup+Datameer+with+YARN+Cluster

Notice that there is a specific note about the "yarn.application.classpath" option. It implies that a Datameer Admin may need to update the das-common.properties file

I would recommend checking with Datameer or their community for further details.

Regards,

Ben

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here