New Contributor

Cloudera live | HDFS File Browser | Upload some test files

Hello.,

Im presently using the Cloudea Live to demonstrate some common use case to my team.

I would like to have 2-3 files in the HDFS (File Browser), so that I can perform basic ETL operation in PIG scripting and create a table and load the processed data into HDFS/HBASE for retrival through Hive. But the live Demo version isnt letting me to upload file. Is there a way I can get some test files in Cloudera Live to perform basic ETL use cases. Please advice.

Regards,

Barney

Topics: 162
Kudos: 60
Solutions: 27

Re: Cloudera live | HDFS File Browser | Upload some test files

Barney,

Cloudera Live is currently read-only. But stay tuned for improvements (very soon!)

In the meantime, have you considered using the QuickStart VM?

New Contributor

Thanks jkestelyn.!

In fact I do have VM (5.1X). We noticed that the PIG interpretor is having issues with that version. It isnt functioning appropriately. Hence we are looking into Hortonworks Sandbox as an alternative. I felt that Cloudera Live is the MOST elegant solution for exprementing/learning with Hadoop for beginers with ZERO installation/space overhead. I hope they would add this small funcationality or atleast add few RELATION files into HFDS for playing around with it in PIG from an ETL prespective.

I will drop a note to them in asking for that as well. Thanks foryour reponse though.

Regards,

Barney

Topics: 162
Kudos: 60
Solutions: 27

Stay tuned. I think you're going to be quite happy about the changes.

New Contributor

Looking forward.

Thx