gkb
Explorer

Error running spark job using Hue

I am trying to run a spark job using Hue.

I get the following error despite having the class in the jar that i supplied(guava-14.0.1.jar)

Thought its because of Hue having loaded a different version of guava jar . This is what i see in the list of jars loaded by hue : "/usr/lib/hive/lib/guava-11.0.2.jar"

Is this the reason for error? If so, what is the resolution?

If not, what else is causing NoSuchMethodError?

<<< Invocation of Main class completed <<<

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [com.xyz.jobs.ReprocessStreamAggregates], main() threw exception, com.google.common.hash.HashFunction.hashInt(I)Lcom/google/common/hash/HashCode;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.hash.HashFunction.hashInt(I)Lcom/google/common/hash/HashCode;
at org.apache.spark.util.collection.OpenHashSet.org$apache$spark$util$collection$OpenHashSet$$hashcode(OpenHashSet.scala:261)
at org.apache.spark.util.collection.OpenHashSet$mcI$sp.getPos$mcI$sp(OpenHashSet.scala:165)
at org.apache.spark.util.collection.OpenHashSet$mcI$sp.contains$mcI$sp(OpenHashSet.scala:102)
at org.apache.spark.util.SizeEstimator$$anonfun$visitArray$2.apply$mcVI$sp(SizeEstimator.scala:214)
at scala.collection.immutable.Range.foreach$mVc$sp(Range.scala:141)
Cloudera Employee

Re: Error running spark job using Hue

Make sure that the jar is in a 'lib' directory in the HDFS workspace of the
workflow

Romain

Highlighted
gkb
Explorer

We have created a jar which contains our class files and the dependant libraries using "maven-shade-plugin".

So the contents of guava 14.0.1 is inside our jar which is uploaded to lib folder of the workspace.

Still i see the error

New Contributor

Any progress made on this? I got the same problem running a spark script from the commandline.

gkb
Explorer

No luck

New Contributor

When I add the correct version of the guava jar file on the classpath then the spark job can be executed from the commandline:

#!/bin/bash

# Directory where this script is stored.

SCRIPT_DIR="$(dirname "$0")"

echo"SCRIPT_DIR=$SCRIPT_DIR"

source $SCRIPT_DIR/init-spark-env.sh

#################

SPARK_JAR="/xxxx/spark/dp-spark-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar"

MAIN_CLASS="be.xxxx.spark.examples.SparkWordCount"

#################

PARAM1="hdfs:///xxxx/input/spark-test/moby_dick.txt"

PARAM2="2"

#################

# app jars:

CLASSPATH=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.1.0-1.cdh5.1.0.p0.53/lib/spark/lib/guava-14.0.1.jar:$CLASSPATH:$SPARK_JAR

#CONFIG_OPTS="-Dspark.master=local -Dspark.jars=/xxxx/spark/dp-spark-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar"

CONFIG_OPTS="-Dspark.master=spark://cloudera4:7077 -Dspark.jars=$SPARK_JAR"

# -Dspark.master specifies the cluster against which to run the application; local will run all tasks in the same local process.

#  To run against a Spark standalone cluster instead, include a URL containing the master?^?^?s address (such as spark://masterhost:7077).

#  To run against a YARN cluster, include yarn-client ?^?^? Spark will determine the YARN ResourceManager?^?^?s address from the YARN configuration fi$

java -cp$CLASSPATH$CONFIG_OPTS$MAIN_CLASS$PARAM1$PARAM2