Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue with Impala editor with LDAP

Explorer

Hello all, 

I have been facing an issue for the past week where I can not access the Impala editor in hue. I have setup LDAP for Hue, Hive, and Impala and Impala is the only one not working via Hue. I am able to access impala via the command shell, but when I try to connect to impala through hue I get an error. "'hue' is not authorized to delegate to 'username'. User delegation is disabled" (impersination is enabled and I have set hue=* for the Proxy user configueration under the impala config in clouder manager). 

Also when I run the check configuration on the hue home page I see impala - No available impalad to send queries to.   

10 REPLIES 10

Explorer

So I have been doing some testing today and I noticed that once I disable impersonation I am able to run queries in hue via the impala editor (not sure if ldap is in action here) BUT I am unable to access impala via the command line.

Maybe Hue may needs Sentry after all?

Side note authorized_prozy_user_config flag is still blank in the impalad startup so if any has ldap working with hue and impala I would be insterested in seeing what yours looks like.