Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie decision node support

Contributor

Hi all!
I want to use decision nodes in HUE workflows, is it possible? I can't find appropriate button in editor.. (CDH 5.3.6, HUE 3.7.0)

In cloudera archives I'd seen some mentions about it and also seen bug-fixes, etc. Maybe it's obsolete feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Found!

You need to drop some action task to an other and HUE creates fork node. Then clicks "edit" button and "convert to decision".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

Found!

You need to drop some action task to an other and HUE creates fork node. Then clicks "edit" button and "convert to decision".

Community Manager

Thank you for sharing the solution. It may help others with a similar question in the future. 🙂

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Hi dna_29a, 

After "convert to decision", I see "${1 gt 0}" and ''${1 gt 1}'', do you know the meaning of those?

Thanks,

Joey

Contributor

I think it is a defaults for decision conditions. Substitute your variables in this expression.

New Contributor

How do I create those variables? The help documentation says they are in JSP EL, but I'm unsure how to write in that. How would I make one that returns true if it's the 1st of the month, for example?