Welcome to the Cloudera Community

Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Config File Locations with CDH

New Contributor

I'm playing around with the quickstart VM and I think in my eagerness to get moving and consuming documentation from various sources I have ended up confusing myself a bit.

I expected things to be installed with a package manager.  I *thought* that's what the docs I referenced stated.

So when I go to edit flume.conf, I'm thinking it's in /etc/flume-ng/conf/flume.conf

Of course, it wasn't there so I yum installed flume, flume-agent, etc.

Then I go to start the service and it looks good, but after a bit of troubleshooting I realize that it's referencing a flume.conf in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/62-flume-AGENT/

This isn't the first time I've run into non-standard file locations, but it did confuse me for a bit.  As I poke around through cloudera-manager I'm not seeing anywhere that specifies installation locations or configuration file locations.  I found the actual flume.conf location by looking at log output.

My question...  is there a cloudera-manager configuration file, web page, or document that specifies the locations of the installed applications?  I'm sure I'm going to run into this with other applications and I'd prefer not to keep shooting myself in the foot.

Who agreed with this topic