Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Who agreed with this topic

Problem with Exporting a Hbase Snapshot to Another Cluster

New Contributor

Hi guys
I have small cloudera cluster CDH 4.5 version on centos 6 based OSes; and also I have second smaller testing cluster with latest uptodate CDH 5.x.x version on ubuntu 14.04. I have enabled hbase snapshots on both and trying to export some snapshot from CDH 4.5 to CDH5 cluster, but I get errors:

Spoiler
-bash-4.1$ hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot -snapshot snapshotOFanprs -copy-to hdfs://CDH5:8020/hbase
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Message missing required fields: callId, status; Host Details : local host is: "CDH4"; destination host is: "CDH5":8020;
at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapException(NetUtils.java:763)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1242)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:202)
at $Proxy10.getFileInfo(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:164)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:83)
at $Proxy10.getFileInfo(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getFileInfo(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:629)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.getFileInfo(DFSClient.java:1545)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:820)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.exists(FileSystem.java:1378)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot.run(ExportSnapshot.java:620)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot.innerMain(ExportSnapshot.java:707)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot.main(ExportSnapshot.java:711)
Caused by: com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Message missing required fields: callId, status
at com.google.protobuf.UninitializedMessageException.asInvalidProtocolBufferException(UninitializedMessageException.java:81)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.protobuf.RpcPayloadHeaderProtos$RpcResponseHeaderProto$Builder.buildParsed(RpcPayloadHeaderProtos.java:1094)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.protobuf.RpcPayloadHeaderProtos$RpcResponseHeaderProto$Builder.access$1300(RpcPayloadHeaderProtos.java:1028)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.protobuf.RpcPayloadHeaderProtos$RpcResponseHeaderProto.parseDelimitedFrom(RpcPayloadHeaderProtos.java:986)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:949)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:847)

I tryed change port number to 8022 - hdfs://CDH5:8022/hbase but same error

I have searched for solution in the internet but cant find, if you have any idea plz help
Thank you anyway

Who agreed with this topic