Welcome to the Cloudera Community

Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Sqoop fail to import sqlserver tables. Possible to list databases but not tables

Explorer

Hello,

I experience troubles again this time with sqoop.

I tried sqoop2, uninstalled it and installed sqoop1 with my cdh5.2

With the following command i succeed to get the list of the databases

sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:sqlserver://172.XX.XX.XX  --username User -P --verbose

But i can't access to tables with "list-tables" or "import-all-tables" commands..

sqoop import-all-tables --connect jdbc:sqlserver://172.XX.XX.XX/dbName --username User --password Password --driver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver --verbose

Give me this :

Warning: /usr/lib/sqoop/../hbase does not exist! HBase imports will fail.
Please set $HBASE_HOME to the root of your HBase installation.
Warning: /usr/lib/sqoop/../hcatalog does not exist! HCatalog jobs will fail.
Please set $HCAT_HOME to the root of your HCatalog installation.
Warning: /usr/lib/sqoop/../accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail.
Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation.
14/12/08 16:11:36 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.5-cdh5.2.1
14/12/08 16:11:36 WARN tool.BaseSqoopTool: Setting your password on the command-line is insecure. Consider using -P instead.
14/12/08 16:11:37 WARN sqoop.ConnFactory: Parameter --driver is set to an explicit driver however appropriate connection manager is not being set (via --connection-manager). Sqoop is going to fall back to org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager. Please specify explicitly which connection manager should be used next time.
14/12/08 16:11:37 INFO manager.SqlManager: Using default fetchSize of 1000
14/12/08 16:11:51 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error reading database metadata: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Échec de la connexion TCP/IP à l'hôte 172.XX.XX.XX/dbName, port 1433. Erreur : « null. Vérifiez les propriétés de connexion. Assurez-vous qu'une instance de SQL Server est en cours d'exécution sur l'hôte et accepte les connexions TCP/IP au port. Vérifiez que les connexions TCP au port ne sont pas bloquées par un pare-feu. ».
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Échec de la connexion TCP/IP à l'hôte 172.XX.XX.XX/dbName, port 1433. Erreur : « null. Vérifiez les propriétés de connexion. Assurez-vous qu'une instance de SQL Server est en cours d'exécution sur l'hôte et accepte les connexions TCP/IP au port. Vérifiez que les connexions TCP au port ne sont pas bloquées par un pare-feu. ».
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:241)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2243)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:491)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1309)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:877)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52)
at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.listTables(SqlManager.java:517)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportAllTablesTool.run(ImportAllTablesTool.java:95)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:143)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:179)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:218)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:227)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:236)
Could not retrieve tables list from server
14/12/08 16:11:51 ERROR tool.ImportAllTablesTool: manager.listTables() returned null

Do you have any idea of what could be wrong? I can access through the port 1433 the list of the database present in the server at the IP adress.

But i can't access the list of tables when i try to go on a special database... IP/dbName

Is there more log somewhere? (i got nothing in /var/log/sqoop) and i'm already using --verbose

I'll be grateful for any informations!

Who agreed with this topic