Welcome to the Cloudera Community

Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Getting kerberos exception while accessing Hbase in Kerberos in Spark Client mode

New Contributor

I am using the spark-submit command to access hbase and do read/write on hbase table in kerbero cluster.

Before running the spark-submit , I have already done the KINIT.

Now when i am running the same code with spark-shell , Java jar or spark-submit in local mode , It's working.

But when i am trying to run the same code with spark-submit in client/cluster mode , getting an exeception related to the kerberos tgt not found.

After debugging , got to know regards the Usergroupinformation there are two user info login user and current user.

When it's running fine at that time login user and current user has the property of  KERBEROS like <user name> : KERBEROS.

but in the case of client/cluster it's SIMPLE like <user name> : SIMPLE.

Please let me know any suggestion , how to resolve this issue

Please find the log below:-

aused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: SASL authentication failed. The most likely cause is missing or invalid credentials. Consider 'kinit'.
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection$1.run(RpcClientImpl.java:673)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1671)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection.handleSaslConnectionFailure(RpcClientImpl.java:631)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection.setupIOstreams(RpcClientImpl.java:739)
... 17 more
Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
at com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Client.evaluateChallenge(GssKrb5Client.java:212)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.HBaseSaslRpcClient.saslConnect(HBaseSaslRpcClient.java:179)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection.setupSaslConnection(RpcClientImpl.java:605)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection.access$600(RpcClientImpl.java:154)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection$2.run(RpcClientImpl.java:731)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection$2.run(RpcClientImpl.java:728)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1671)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection.setupIOstreams(RpcClientImpl.java:728)
... 17 more
Caused by: GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)
at sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5InitCredential.getInstance(Krb5InitCredential.java:147)
at sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5MechFactory.getCredentialElement(Krb5MechFactory.java:121)
at sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5MechFactory.getMechanismContext(Krb5MechFactory.java:187)
at sun.security.jgss.GSSManagerImpl.getMechanismContext(GSSManagerImpl.java:223)
at sun.security.jgss.GSSContextImpl.initSecContext(GSSContextImpl.java:212)
at sun.security.jgss.GSSContextImpl.initSecContext(GSSContextImpl.java:179)
at com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Client.evaluateChallenge(GssKrb5Client.java:193)

Who agreed with this topic