Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Who Agreed with this topic

CCP: Data Engineer - Study Aids

Rising Star

First off, I'm a big fan of this new CCP: Data Engineer exam approach.  I know Cloudera is working things out right now and I have a few questions perhaps someone can provide some input on:

Instead of a standard study guide for the exam, any thoughts on having a VM with all tooling existing on the exam, and even sample data to utilize to practice disparate patterns, and even some example scenarios to play with? Perhaps a single VM couldn't provide all the functionality that will exist on the exam (thinking about Kafka in particular), but it would create a very good sandbox to play in.

Last Question: Are there plans to release any more scenarios or guidance than what is already out there now?

I perhaps am over-reaching in my requests if the point of achieving the status of Data Engineer is to demonstrate a firm actionable undestanding of Hadoop and it's ecosystem tools, but I'll let someone official tell me if I'm right or wrong. :)

very much appreciated!
Who Agreed with this topic